Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Semana noventa y ocho!

Week 97 of 101 (7/27-8/02)

Hello!

This week was awesome! And super exhausting! We did a lot of biking around and we talked to a lot of different people.

Our area is a basically a 8 mile stretch along the Western Highway of Belize, and just to get there we have to bike about a mile, all up a gradual hill. This week we were visiting one of the farthest parts of our area because that is where some referrals took us. We found a lot of news, but we were exhausted by the ride. I might be go pro cyclist when I get back. Or I might just loose a lot of weight. Either way.

But we did meet some great people. I felt like we have been finding through the Spirit a lot more this week. For example, yesterday we biked by a house and I got the impression that later on in the day we should go talk to the people that live there. It got pretty late in the day and we were about to leave the villages and head back to Belmopan and we still hadn't gone to contact those people. I told my companion that we really needed to head over there and so we took off towards that part of Roaring Creek (the village we were in.) As we approached the door and started to talk to the kids, the father stepped out and immediately invited us in. We got the opportunity to talk with them and get to know them a bit better. Turns out that they had talked to missionaries before and they are willing to learn more about the message we share. I feel like the Lord has been preparing them and this might be the time where they accept the gospel.

This week I was really impressed on the importance of love in the work of God. "And Faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God qualify him for the work." D&C 4:5 Love and charity are attributes that are required to qualify for the work of the Lord. In other words, if we don't have love or charity, we are not qualified for this work. Love and charity are what give power to the words we speak as we testify of the Atonement to invite the Spirit of God into our meetings. The Atonement is in itself an act of pure love and charity. For that reason, whenever we testify of the Atonement, the Spirit can be felt.

So just know, I love you!

Elder Vierkant


We were cleaning and I found everything red that I could wear and I put it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment