Sunday, March 1, 2015

Semana setenta y tres!

Week 73 of 101 (2/02-2/08)

Buite binafi! (I have no idea how to spell in Garifuna)

This week was full of great, new experiences. On Tuesday, Elder Hiatt left to go to El Salvador early in the morning and Elder Williams came from Bullet Tree to accompany me to Belize City for changes meeting. It is a three hour bus ride from Santa Elena to Belize City and so Elder Williams and I had some good time to chat.

We ended up making it to the chapel in Belize City right before the meeting started. The changes meeting here in Belize are a lot different from those in El Salvador in that they are short and to the point. It didn't take long for me to find out that my new companion is Elder Naillon. He is coming from Dangriga. He and I were in the MTC together. He is from Idaho and is bit of a rancher. He likes country music, which explains a lot. Just kidding, we are pretty similar in a lot of ways, especially in the fact that we both wrestled in high school.

As follows, we have had a lot of fun over this last week. We concentrated on a lot on finding new investigators. And so we did. We found a really positive lady named Rosanna. She is really interested and is really excited to read the Book of Mormon.

We also had the chance to watch "Meet The Mormons" with President Hintze. It was a great movie and I feel like it really got the point across that Mormons aren't crazy, strange people, but just normal people who have good values and try to follow Christ, no matter what walk of life they come from. After we watched it, we got a mini training session from President Hintze, which was great and cleared up a ton of questions that I had had.

Overall, it was a great week and I learned a lot about other people and, probably more so, myself. I have learned to always trust the promises of the Lord. He does not lie and sooner or later what He says, happens. Patience and faith are so vital. Being short sighted and believing that any trial is permanent is so detrimental. So, fear not, for He has conquered the world.

Elder Vierkant

No comments:

Post a Comment