Sunday, March 1, 2015

Semana setenta y cuatro!

Week 74 of 101 (2/09-2/15)

Hello!

I thought that I would start out this week by expressing how much I love Belize. It really is such a beautiful place. I feel like you could take incredible pictures from any one spot in Belize.  I am very grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve here.

Fun little fact about Belize, unless there is hot sauce on the table, it isn't a meal. Every where you go, there is always a bottle of habanero hot sauce on the table, usually Marie Sharps brand. Its great, especially in contrast with El Salvador where they don't really eat hot food.

Neat experiences this week were that we got to plant pineapples with the Moody family at their farm. That was a unique experience. Also, the sister missionaries saw the actor who plays one of the hobbits in the Lord of the Rings filming for something and they took pictures with him.

Anyways, I digress. This week was a lot of fun. There was is a member who is from Santa Elena but is living in the states who came back and has been working with us. We were able to work with him a lot this week as well as one of the members of the branch presidency. As I have said before and I will say again, working with members is the best way to go.

We had a tender mercy this week. We were looking for a less active member at his house, or at least were he use to live. His neighbor, named Carla came out and told us that he had moved out. We had talked with her before and we had given her a pamphlet about the Restoration of the gospel. We asked her if she read it and she said yes. She then invited us in and we started to talk with her. Turns out she is very intelligent and spiritually sensitive and we had a great lesson with her. We came back a few days later and she told us that she had prayed and received an answer that the things we were teaching were true. It was amazing to see the faith that Carla had to receive that answer and we are really looking forward to teaching her.

I know this is the Lords work, I know that He is hastening it. I know that as we rely on the promises of the Lord and we work out hardest, miracles will happen. I am grateful to be even a small part of this great work.

Elder Vierkant

No comments:

Post a Comment