Tuesday, October 1, 2013

La segunda semana!

Hola! just finishing my second week off at the CCM strongly! Today was P-day and, since we don´t go to the temple every week, we got to play sand volleyball for two hours. It was great. Besides that, I spent most of my time relaxing, got some supplies from the tienda here and got prepared to write emails.
This last week flew past. The days seem too short but long at the same exact time. We just have so much to do. We have to study the scriptures, study Spanish, prepare lessons, teach lessons and go to the class and learn more stuff. It is right from one thing to the next. P-day feels really weird because you suddenly have 10 hours of time to yourselves.
Yesterday we taught four times as a companion ship. We taught lessons to people in class, we taught some missionaries who are about to leave for practice, we taught missionary to missionary during our "Teaching Resource Center Time" time and we taught our new investigator. Our old investigator turned out to be our teacher for the afternoon part of the day. Which is pretty cool except we never got straight feedback from them like we had hoped. I think they must just incorporate our needs into the way they teach, which is good but also frustrating at the same time.
Everyone around me is getting sick with the cold but I haven´t experienced any symptoms except for 20 seconds when my nose ran.  I think it may have to do with my large consumption of the incredible fruits here. Or It might have to do with me being hygienic. The part that makes me laugh is one person takes like 10 different supplements and has all those essential oils and he is still kind of sick.
Someone in our room sleep talks. Well, he sleeps yells, really. It is hilarious even though it wakes me up. The other thing that wakes me up are the random fireworks at night. They happen all through out the day too. If you watch you can see them go up and explode. They are super loud and only have colors about half the time. We asked why they shoot them off all the time and they said it had to do with saints or rain or something, but personally, I think they just like to blow stuff up.
 There are a lot of people I know from school here, plus a kid from my soccer team. It is weird to see them because They remind me of home and old familiar things. At this point I am so use to new, unfamiliar things that it is weird to see things from home.
I am having tons of fun with everyone around me. We are constantly laughing, learning, growing, and progressing. I love it here and I will be sad when I have to leave, especially those people in my district who aren't going to El Salvador. But I am super excited for all the adventures in El Salvador. It is weird seeing people leave that I know to their real missions. I made friends with some of the Mexicans who came here with us and seeing them leave was sad. It is weird to think that people who speak their native tongue leave so quickly. Love you all, bye.

Mexico City

Bus ride to temple.

Mexico City

Mexico City
Mexico City

Building by the temple.

Temple

Temple photo-bomb!

Temple photo-bomb! 


Temple with Elder Jack.

Weird towers I like.

Funny sign.

Our backyard.

District volleyball.

Lunch

Lunch
Our District

Elder Bird and I


Elder Hyde and I.

Elder Jack showing of our side of the room.

View from our casa.

View from our casa.

After the rain.

After the rain.

1 comment:

  1. Wow you have sure been busy!! I am so glad your not sick as yet that would be a total bummer. The pictures are really great!
    Love aunt kristine

    ReplyDelete