Sunday, May 10, 2015

Semana ochenta y cinco!

Week 85 of 101 (4/27-5/03)

Hello!

Well, this week has been really busy and a ton of fun. On Tuesday, we had changes. I got transferred to Belmopan, which is the capital city here in Belize. My new area includes a lot of villages outside the actual city and stretches along the Western Highway toward Santa Elena. Actually, I was really just transferred over one area over. But, the distance is big enough that it is really different area.

My companion is Elder Williams and he is from Idaho. My number of companions from Idaho now rivals that of my companions from Guatemala. Anyways, Elder Williams is really a great guy and he is a lot of fun. He is really bold in inviting people to act and it really is refreshing.

Most of the week I spent getting to know the area and meeting a lot of awesome people. They are a lot of great people here and I feel like there are people who are receptive to the Gospel.  We had a lot of great experiences and a lot of spiritual lessons.

We also helped the sisters and senior couple moved houses. We spent most of the morning helping and at lunch the senior couple bought lunch for us. It was a lot of fun.

We also had the assistants here with us for a few days. It was really fun do go on interchanges with Elder Shirley again. We started the mission together in the same zone and a had a lot of crazy experiences together.

Also, I just want to mention that some how Elder Ford, I have mentioned him before, are some how in the same zone again. He is a ton of fun, so this will be a good change.

I have really come to understand how important commitment is this week. Our commitment to follow God is what drives us forward on the straight and narrow path. It is what allows us to progress. As missionaries, as we commit people to act, it is how we declare repentance. We follow up to help encourage them to succeed. Just as prophets of old continued to preach until the people that they taught changed. 

Until next week, 

Elder Vierkant
 
Photos:
1. Elder Shirley and me 
2. Me pretending to read the Book of Mormon in Mayan.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment