Sunday, April 26, 2015

Semana ochenta y tres!

Week 83 of 101 (4/13-4/19)

Hello!

They say that time flies when you are having fun. I think that is completely true. Time is just flying by, I can't believe that it is already Monday again.

Anyways, we had the some great experience this week. Starting with Shawn. He is the boyfriend of one of the less actives. The first time we saw Shawn was a church, which is the best way to meet someone. We actually thought he was a member when we met him! He and his girlfriend have decided that they want to make church a big part of their relationship, which is a great desire and is the perfect foundation for a very happy and successful relationship. We had a family home evening with them this week and we asked the sister to share a spiritual thought and then we taught a lesson. Incredibly, without coordinating it, we both talked about the eternal marriage! We had a great lesson and we could tell that it is something that they both want. I also thought about happy I am to know that I am sealed to my family forever and that I have the blessings of the temple in my home.

We also were able to start teaching another friend of a member, who they brought to church. I had met her with Elder Hiatt back in December, but she hadn't been quiet ready at the moment. But now she is coming to church and asked us to start visiting as soon as possible. I am amazed at how much a little patience and some help from the members can help someone grow their desire to  learn more about the gospel of Jesus Christ. This is Gods plan for happiness, but sometimes people don't immediately recognize it. They just need a little help from someone they trust. That is why it is so important that every member is a missionary. That is why members need to talk with those they know and not just wait for the missionaries to talk to them, because they might not trust the missionaries, but they will trust them.

This week we have been passing the 100 degree mark, with a nice humidity level as well. We do our best to stay alive by buying shilling waters from the small stores between lessons.

I know the Gospel is true and it blesses me and you!

Elder Vierkant

P.S. I finally am sending pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment