Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Week 102 (I think?)

 Week 102 of 102 1/2 (8/24-8/30)

Good mawning,

I haven't really been counting time, so I don't know exactly how many weeks I have, but I think that is a fairly good guess.

Anyway, the highlight of this last week was when we got the chance to hear from President Nielsen. He visited El Salvador and spoke with the missionaries in the three missions. We watched the meeting via internet. We had the opportunity to watch all the missionaries over in El Salvador shake hands with him. We also had the opportunity to listen to the counselors from the area presidency. There was a lot of great counsel given and I learned a lot from everything that was said. It is incredible to feel the power and authority that the Apostles have as they testify and teach.

Other than that, we worked hard and did our best to serve the Lord.

Considering this is my last email home, I figure I should share my testimony or something special. So I will, but I will keep it short because I feel like what I say can only show so much. I figure what I am and what I do when I get home will be a more powerful testimony than what I may say here. I know that this is the Lords work. I know that He guides it and leads it. I know that God and Jesus Christ love us and desire our happiness. I know that the gospel is the power of God for salvation, to perfect us and give us happiness in this life and eternal life in the life to come. I know that the truth has been restored once more.

I have enjoyed this time the the Lord has given me to serve Him in Belize and in El Salvador and I will remember it forever.

Elder Vierkant






No comments:

Post a Comment