Monday, June 2, 2014

La trigésima séptima semana!

Week 37

Dear Everyone,

This week was super duper crazy. On Monday I found out that I was training again. I was super sad because I stinking love Elder Gavilanes. We worked super well together. Tuesday I had to go to San Salvador for trainers meeting. It was a 2 hour bus ride there and 2 hours back plus a long meeting, which didn`t leave us much time to work. Elder Gavilanes went to all the houses of investigators and said goodbye.

This Wednesday were changes. We went to Versailles at about 8:00 for another meeting with trainers and trainees. Afterwards was changes meeting. I found out that I would be training Elder Pocasangre or translated Elder 'Little Blood' from Guatemala. I also found out that I am now district leader of five areas in our zone. We made it back to our area at about 2 and ate and had a little bit of companion study to help him prepare for the day. During the day we crossed a river and my comp lost his shoe and so we had to go chasing it down a river for 15 minutes. It was hilarious, but I felt bad for him because it was his first day.

Friday I had to go to San Salvador for district leader meeting. Right after I got back I had a baptismal interview with Carolina. It is crazy to do an interview. The Spirit is so strong and you just feel the spirit guiding you. Saturday, I had another interview for a baptism on Sunday. Sunday was super nuts. There was a question about someone being baptized and we were running around the entire day trying to figure stuff out, then the bishop said he would rather baptize them the next Sunday and there was a girl crying because she wanted someone else to baptize her. Basically it was a mess and I had to try and figure out what to do. But I learned a lot and I feel like I made the right decisions in the moment.

I am learning that you really have to learn to rely on the Spirit in all your actions!

Peace out,

Elder Vierkant


First two photos: me and two of the assistants who were going home. They are super cool. Elder Reynolds, whose brother is the lead singer of Imagine Dragons, and Elder Larsen.

Others: The President and his wife with my new companion that I am training.

 
 

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment